Subject: Gdk error with 1.7.6

From: Philippe Dax <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:12:18 +0100

Hello faces lovers,

I use faces since 1991 with pleasure.
Today I have tried to use faces-1.7.6.
Compiling and linkink are OK, but when executing I got the following error:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  serial 67 error_code 8 request_code 62 minor_code 0

config.log says:
configure:5115: checking for gtk-config
configure:5132: found /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
configure:5144: result: /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
configure:5152: checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0

ldd gives:
ldd faces/faces
        libgtk-1.2.so.0 =>       /usr/local/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0
        libgdk-1.2.so.0 =>       /usr/local/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0
        libgmodule-1.2.so.0 =>   /usr/local/lib/libgmodule-1.2.so.0
        libglib-1.2.so.0 =>      /usr/local/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        libXext.so.6.3 =>        /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6.3
        libX11.so.6.1 =>         /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
        libm.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libm.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
        /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-80/lib/libc_psr.so.1

Does anybody know where the problem is ?

Thanks in advance

Philippe

---

From: Rich Burridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:24:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi Philippe,
 
> ...

You can help me track it down. Try the following:

Run faces inside your debugger (I'm assuming you built it with gcc):

% gdb faces
gdb> run --g-fatal-warnings

Now when it gets the Gdk-ERROR it should stop and give you a gdb prompt.
Type:

gdb> where

This will give me a stack trace, which will help me determine where to look.

Thanks.