Subject: Annonce: On-line X-Face: generator and viewer.

From: Jeff Dairiki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 07:42:00 -0700

Hi All,

Have you ever struggled to find what exact pipeline of commands
you needed to use to convert your {gif,jpg,xbm,...} into an X-Face:
header?  (Does
  giftopnm | ppmtopgm | pgmtopbm | pbmtoxbm | xbm2ikon | compface
bring back memories?)

I've just whipped together an on-line X-Face: converter which can be
used to convert most common image types to an X-Face: header.  (It
will also convert X-Face: headers back to GIFs, so you can see what
they look like.)

Try it at:
  http://www.dairiki.org/xface/

Comments are most welcome.

Best Regards,
Jeff Dairiki <[email-masked]>

PS For those who may not know: 

An X-Face: header allows you to include a 48x48 bitmap picon in the
headers of your e-mails.  Some (or "your better") e-mail clients can
display these icons along with your message.  This message has
an X-Face: icon (which depicts my last name, "Dairiki", written in
Japanese).