Subject: Creating a good looking x-face

From: "Matt Armstrong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:36:51 -0700

I have no artistic skill, and my efforts to create an x-face have all
failed miserably.  I see x-faces where I think "yeah, that is probably
what that guy looks like."  With the ones I've created from pictures
of me, it is more like an abstract array of black and white pixels.

Does anybody have a descent step-by-step guide for creating an x-face?
Preferably, no hand pixel editing is required.
 
-- 
matt

---

From: Steve Kinzler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:57:01 -0500 (EST)

Sent 13Dec01 from matt+dated+1008704217.949929 to faces
+---------- Creating a good looking x-face ----------
| I have no artistic skill, and my efforts to create an x-face have all
| failed miserably.  I see x-faces where I think "yeah, that is probably
| what that guy looks like."  With the ones I've created from pictures
| of me, it is more like an abstract array of black and white pixels.

| Does anybody have a descent step-by-step guide for creating an x-face?
| Preferably, no hand pixel editing is required.

Try the Online X-Face Converter at

	http://www.dairiki.org/xface/

and play around with the various Conversion Options to get the best
results.

-- 
from the brain of Steve Kinzler    /o)\    [email-masked]
an organ with a mind of its own    \(o/    www.kinzler.com
Diplosis Vulcan / apologue footslog echelon / succubus lifeguard.