Subject: xfaces3.3 and xpm3.4 compatible?

From: "reklar " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:13:50 -0700

Hello,

I have been trying to install xfaces and have
had some problems.  I am wondering if xfaces
3.3 and xpm3.4 can live with each other.

I managed to get it to compile but when I try
to run xfaces I get:

ld.so.1: ./xfaces: fatal: libXpm.so.4.11: 
open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

btw, this is on solaris 5.7...

Any ideas??  

Thanks,

-joe savic

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
Before you buy.

---

From: Simon Richter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:58:51 +0200 (CEST)

> open failed: No such file or directory

It seems that xfaces was linked against xpm 4.11, which doesn't exist on
your system. A possible scenario: SOmeone has updated xpm to a newer
version than 4.11 and deleted the old libraries, but forgot to make the
libXpm.so.4 symlink point to the new library. As this name is what is
written into the executable, ld.so searches for it, finds the symlink and
tries to follow it. But that's just a guess.

   Simon

-- 
PGP public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8  47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!