Subject: Help me with shapes in xfaces!

From: Niclas Mattsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 19:18:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

I just compiled xfaces. It seems to run fine, except that shaped images
don't get shaped (the transparent color shows as white). I compiled with
USE_SHAPE defined and everything ... What's wrong?

I sit at a SPARC 1+, sun4, X11R5. The resources I used are:

XFaces.frame.borderWidth:	0
XFaces.frame.Label.width:		90
XFaces.frame.Label.height:		90
XFaces.frame.Label.internalWidth:	0
XFaces.frame.Label.internalHeight:	0
XFaces.frame.Label.borderWidth:	0
XFaces.ignoreMessageBindings:		\	Status:	[OU]
XFaces.afterImageBindings:	\	*	.*:	smilcol-shape.xpm
XFaces.imagePath:	/u/entek2/niclas/temp/xfaces-3.3/images
XFaces.update:		30
XFaces.imageTypes:	xpm-shape
XFaces.noMailImage:	hobbes-shape.xpm
XFaces.allowShellResize: False
XFaces.useShape:	True
XFaces.shapeBorders:	True
XFaces.shapeInternal:	True
XFaces.shapeExtra:	True

I get an xfaces window with hobbes on a white background.

BTW, the manual page has an error. It says that imageTypes should be set to
xpm-shaped, not xpm-shape. It also says filenames should end with 
-shaped.xpm, not -shape.xpm.

Thanks for any help!
Niclas Mattsson
[email-masked]