Subject: hostname mapping

From: [email-masked] (Steve_Kilbane)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 13:30:02 +0000

I've been running Rich Burridge's faces 1.11 for a while, and I've just started
looking at Chris Liebman's XFaces 3.3, and as it currently stands, I can't
use it.

My problem is that email coming in from the outside world gets our local
domain added as it goes through our gateway. Thus, instead of getting email
from [email-masked], it comes from [email-masked].
Faces coped with this quite happily, but XFaces doesn't seem to bother.

Ok, I admit that this is probably something I get our gateway admin to fix
(sendmail.cf hacking, yeah!), and I can also work around it by sedding my
spool file, and giving the results to XFace. But is there a solution where
XFace can handle it directly?

Steve

---

From: "Christian F. Goetze" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 1994 23:36:03 +0900

> Faces coped with this quite happily, but XFaces doesn't seem to bother.

Can't you simply use the "Display after" resources?
--
cg

---

From: [email-masked] (Ignatios Souvatzis)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 17:03:54 +0100

Basically your mail gateway should be configured right. :-)

	Ignatios Souvatzis