Subject: Colour X-faces

From: [email-masked] (James Ashton)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 10:21:25 EST

I'm still receiving occasional requests for a colour version of the
X-face header standard so I guess I'll do some work on it.  What I
really need is a bunch of images to play with so I can test various
approaches and tune up the programme for maximum compression.  I'll
scan in a bunch of photos of users I have at this site but the
resulting images, all having been generated by a single technique,
won't be as representative as I'd like.  Can people let me know if they
have any colour faces they can send me.  I don't have an infinite
number of megabytes here so I'd prefer that the end resolution be
around 128x128x24, say as ppm files.  Still, anything halfway close
would be a help.
--
James Ashton						  System Administrator
VK1XJA					     Department of Systems Engineering
Voice +61 6 249 0681   Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
FAX   +61 6 249 2698				Australian National University
Email [email-masked]			   Canberra ACT 0200 Australia