Subject: Re: FACES Archive Updated at UUNET

From: "Steve Kinzler" <kinzler>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 13:59:24 -0500

Written 11 Aug 93 by [email-masked] in news:comp.org.usenix
+---------- "FACES Archive Updated at UUNET" ----------
| The archive of images made by the USENIX FaceSaver project has been
| updated on ftp.uu.net in the /published/usenix/faces directory.  ...

A version of this archive with the images in 48x48 XBM format is now
available in cs.indiana.edu:/pub/faces/facesaver.tar.Z.  The file is
about 2.6 megabytes and, when unpacked, is structured with the images
as AIN/DOM/USER/face.xbm.

So, what's this good for?

With the "faces" software available in cs.indiana.edu:/pub/faces, you can
use this archive for displaying a person's face when you receive email
from them.  Also, you can quickly overview the entire archive with the
"facesall" script there.

This archive is also installed for use with the WWW->Finger gateway
available at http://cs.indiana.edu/finger/gateway.  This is also the
Finger interface built into the xmosaic program (see comp.infosystems.www
and ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu:/Mosaic).

--
from the brain of Steve Kinzler    /o)\    [email-masked]
an organ with a mind of its own    \(o/

Cruet consumptive; myriad photoemission; procure persistent.