Subject: faces via WWW finger

From: [email-masked] (Rich Burridge)
Date: Tue, 4 May 93 12:23:22 PDT

Can anybody help Dan please?

------Forwarded message------
>From [email-masked] Tue May  4 12:17 PDT 1993
Date: Tue,  4 May 1993 15:14:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Daniel D Suthers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: faces via WWW finger

Rich,

Do you have any idea where the WWW (world wide web) interface to Finger
gets faces from? If I create a face icon and put it in my home as .face,
would WWW access it?

thanks,
...........................................................................
 Dan Suthers            | LRDC, room 505A
 [email-masked]      | 3939 O'Hara Street
 (412) 624-7036 office  | University of Pittsburgh
 (412) 624-9149 fax     | Pittsburgh, PA 15260
...........................................................................

---

From: "Steve Kinzler" <kinzler>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1993 14:34:21 -0500

Written Tue,  4 May 1993 15:14:43 by [email-masked] in mail:faces
+---------- "faces via WWW finger" ----------
| Do you have any idea where the WWW (world wide web) interface to Finger
| gets faces from?

It gets it from our faces databases on cs.indiana.edu, which are exactly
the faces databases distributed in the faces ftp archive here.  To get
your face into WWW/Finger, get it into the facedir faces database, which
can be done by any of:

	1) sending me mail with an X-Face in the header
	2) mailing the face to me
	2) uploading it to cs.indiana.edu:/pub/faces/incoming

--
from the brain of Steve Kinzler    /o)\    [email-masked]
an organ with a mind of its own    \(o/