Subject: Faces status - 8th April 1991.

From: richb@stard (Rich Burridge)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1991 11:17:31 +1000

The list of changes (so far) for patch #15 are included below. I hope to find
some more time this week to do a few more of the items in the TODO file.

It has been suggested to me that the faces.sendmail script should be
adjusted to include the preceding "X-Face:" itself, so the contents of the
users ~/.face file can be the same whether s/he uses Elm or any other mailer.
This seems like a good idea. Please let me know if you can see any problems
with this (apart from having to force most people to hand edit their ~/.face
one more time).

I've also been slowly adjusting the:

char variable[MAXLINE]

declarations to:

char *variable

and using a new routine called read_str() to malloc up and set the string
accordingly. My intention is to try to reduce the size of the program (and
fixup some sloppy/lazy code).

-------

v1.4 - patchlevel 15 - 8th April 1991.

       - From David Purdue <[email-masked]>
         From Mike Khaw <[email-masked]>
         The window and icon positioning broke with patch #14 for the
         XView version.

       - From Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
         From Mark Shand <[email-masked]>
         raise() is already declared on some systems. All occurances of
         raise() in faces have been replaced with raisewindow().

       - From Lindsay F. Marshall <[email-masked]>
         My faces window beeps and raises itself for no apparent reason.
         Certainly no new mail has arrived.

         [show_display() was being called in do_mail() even though there wasn't
          any new mail - Rich].
 
       - Added in audio capabilities see the README and manual pages for more
         details.
 
       - Added Saber entry to Makefile.dist and ran the X11 (Xlib) version of
         faces through Saber.
 
       - From John Mackin <[email-masked]>
         The "-b icon_file" option doesn't work. It still comes up with the
         default background.

       - From Philip Gladstone <[email-masked]>
         In the top level Makefile, you allow specification of FMONTYPE.
         The code in main.c checks for FBMONTYPE. Also the definition of
         FMONTYPE=0 and =1 are reversed.

       - From Steve Kinzler <[email-masked]>
         Added all the new filters and scripts from Steve to the faces
         distribution. Created a new scripts directory, and moved mailq,
         lpqall and lpqall.sh across to it. See the README.kinzler files
         in the scripts and filters sub-directories for more details.