Subject: Re: Shere does the header go?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 91 09:24 PST

(Message Xfaces:23)
On Sat, 23 Mar 91 22:51:03 PST, [email-masked] wrote:
> Robert wrote to the list including an X-Face: `header' in his signature.
> We need to spread the word that this practice doesn't work any more.
> You have to have the header in your headers.  (Judging by Robert's
> headers, he may be using an SVR4 mailer, in which case he shouldn't
> have any trouble -- assuming he has (or is) a cooperative system
> administrator; I'm not 100% sure a user can manage that easily
> with that mailer.)

It is true that I used the X-Face: in my signature line.  I believe
that it is now in the header.  (If it isn't, please flame me :-).

For straight SVR4, the solution is to use mailx(1) and place in
one's individual .mailrc the line:
	sendmail=/path/to/faces.binmail
where "faces.binmail" is the "faces.sendmail" script with 
"/usr/bin/rmail" in place of the sendmail invocation.

        -- Robert Adams         [email-masked]
                                ...!uunet!littlei!adams