Subject: faces v1.5.0 - INTRO.

From: richb@stard (Rich Burridge)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1991 15:42:30 +1000

Coming in the next fifteen messages to this list, is version 1.5.0 of faces.
Each part is a uuencoded compressed shar file. For those with anon ftp
capabilities, I've put the latest version in pub/faces/incoming on
iuvax.cs.indiana.edu. Steve could you move it to the parent directory, to
prevent it getting overwritten please?

total 208
-rw-r--r--  1 ftp      ftp        202953 Apr 15 00:06 faces.tar.Z

The fifteen parts of the faces v1.5.0 distribution are also available via
the automatic mail archive server. To get the complete set, send fifteen
messages to [email-masked], each containing the line:

send faces partn

where n = 1-15.

These lines can all be in one message, but the archive server processes
smaller messages faster.

******************
**IMPORTANT NOTE**
******************

The faces.sendmail script provided here in v1.5.0 has changed. This means
that you will have to adjust the contents of your ~/.face files. This is
so that it will work correctly for /usr/ucb/mail (and relatives) plus the
Elm mailer. Please consult the new README file (section 5) for more details.

I expect there will be a few things that need to be tweaked to get this
working on various systems. Please let me know what doesn't work for you.
I'm aiming to produce a fixup patch (if needed), later in the week.

I'd like to (semi-)publically thank John Mackin for integrating in the
RFC822 parsing, and for Steve Kinzler for writing all the faces -e scripts,
looking after all the faces databases, and providing the anon ftp services
on iuvax, plus all the other people who have provided valuable feedback on
various bugs and features.