Subject: Need a little help getting started

From: [email-masked] (Skip Montanaro)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 91 18:41:59 EDT

I'm having some trouble getting going with faces. I've built it, and it
runs, but when I try and send mail to myself on my local machine, faces
always displays the blank face icon, unless I have an X-Face: field in my
mail header.

My faces directory has a crd.ge.com entry. It has both montanaro and
montnaro entries (the second simply a link to the first). montanaro contains
a face.xbm file.

The people.tab file in my faces directory has the two lines

    crd.ge.com/montanaro=montanaro
    crd.ge.com/montnaro=montanaro

and my machines.tab file has the two line

    sierra=crd.ge.com
    moose=crd.ge.com

FACEPATH is not set.

When I execute "egrep '^From' /var/spool/mail/montnaro" I see

    From montnaro Sun Apr 21 18:16:36 1991
    From: montnaro (Skip Montanaro)

suggesting that somehow the absence of a machine name has to get mapped to
"crd.ge.com", but I can't figure out how to do it.

I must be missing something pretty elementary. What is it?

Thanks,

Skip ([email-masked])