Subject: Faces no longer likes xview options.

From: [email-masked] (David Purdue)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 91 09:28:49 AES

I am using the xview version of faces under Openwindows 2.0.

Before applying patch 14, I had put faces on the screen in the place
where I wanted it and did a "Save Workspace". Faces co-operatively
wrote its possitioning arguments in xview style in my .openwin-init
file.

However, after recompiling with patch 14 applied, it ignores the
position arguments in .openwin-init (so it goes to the top left
of the screen, not where I left it), and does not write a line for
itself when I do a Save Workspace.

I have not investigated this at all (too much else to do - I thought
I'd see if anyone else had the same problem first).

							DavidP

---

From: [email-masked] (Mike Khaw)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 91 16:37:53 PST

Yes, I've seen the same problem. I had faces 1.4.13 running. I ran make
xview for 1.4.14 and installed it. When I launched the new faces using
all the XView options in my .openwin-init file, including specifying
its icon position and that it start up iconic, it came up opened and
when I iconified it, the icon didn't go where the command line argument
specified it should.

-- 
Mike Khaw
ParcPlace Systems, Inc., 1550 Plymouth St., Mountain View, CA 94043
Domain=[email-masked], UUCP=...!{uunet,sun,decwrl}!parcplace!khaw

---

From: richb@stard (Rich Burridge)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1991 11:59:27 +1000

} Yes, I've seen the same problem. I had faces 1.4.13 running. I ran make
} xview for 1.4.14 and installed it. When I launched the new faces using
} all the XView options in my .openwin-init file, including specifying
} its icon position and that it start up iconic, it came up opened and
} when I iconified it, the icon didn't go where the command line argument
} specified it should.

Found and fixed. It'll be in patch #15. Thanks David/Mike.