BreezyGUIapplication that maintains a dictionary.
The interface should have the following components:
Wordmenu containing the options
Filemenu containing the options
Quitoption entirely (just call
System.exit(), see API docs for details). After you have this part working you can implement the menu options one by one.
In addition the interface should also have
Here's what each of the menu options should do:
For this assignment you need to check the API for
- Loads an existing dictionary from a file called
Dictionaryon the disk.
If the operation cannot be performed it should pop up a message box and display a message to that effect.
- Adds one entry (the word in the text field and the definition in the text area) to the dictionary.
- List all the words in the dictionary. You should output only the words, and not their definitions, in a message box, one word per line).
- Saves the current dictionary to a file called
Obviously the file is overwritten by this operation.
- Updates the text area with the definition of the word that is in the text field.
- Deletes from the dictionary the entry corresponding to the word that is in the text field.
- Quits the program without saving.