Fall Semester 2002
This is your
Practical Exam Make-Up. Relax, and do well. The exam is open book.
Consider six tennis players:
And the following three Grand Slam Tournaments:
- Player One
- Player Two
- Player Three
- Player Four
- Player Five
- Player Six
The prizes (amounts of dollars, in thousands of US$) the players won
in these tournaments are listed below:
- Wimbledon (UK)
- Rolland Garros (France)
- US Open (US)
|| Wimbledon (UK)
|| Rolland Garros (France)
|| US Open (US)
| Player One || 80 || 30 || 60
| Player Two || 70 || - || 80
| Player Three || - || - || -
| Player Four || 90 || - || 20
| Player Five || - || 50 || 40
| Player Six || 60 || 70 || -
A dash (-) in the table above means no money (NULL).
Please accomplish the following tasks:
Part One (40 points)
Part Two (30 points)
Create the following queries:
- List players with a total of at least $100,000 in winnings thus far.
- List all the players sorted by their average wins (amount divided by no. of tourneys).
- List all players that have won some amount in some tourney.
Part Three (10 points)
Create a form entitled Players by Tournaments which contains
- for every tournament information about the tournament and
- a subform that contains
- (only) the players that have won money in that tournament,
- with the respective wins (amounts).
Part Four (10 points)
Create a report in which you list the players. For each player
- the report should include all the amounts the player has won,
- (each amount listed next to the name of the tournament)
- together with the overall average win for that player.
Challenge (10 points)
- List those players that did not win anything anywhere.
Please make sure your database fits on a floppy disk.
- turn the disk in at the end of the exam to your lab coordinator, and
- make sure the disk is readable before you turn it in.
A114/I111 Practical Exam Make-Up, October 25, 2002