Fall Semester 2003
Final Exam: Sample questions.
For this exam we want:
- to make sure you've read the book and can use it.
- and worked through all the QuizSite exercises.
So here are some sample questions from the book:
- Page 161, questions 1-8.
- Page 201, questions 1-2.
- Page 250, questions 1-3.
- Page 290, questions 3, 5.
- Page 326, questions 1-6.
- Page 400, questions 1, 4.
- Page 462, question 5.
- Page 496, questions 1, 2.
- Briefly describe the principles behind Hypothesis Testing (pp. 216-217).
- Briefly describe the assumptions behind the regression model (p. 310).
- What's the usefulness of a Scatterplot Matrix (pp. 324-325)
- Describe a case study
presented in class in which
multiple regression was used
(p. 350). State the case, the
plan of action, and the conclusions
of your analysis.
- What's the basic purpose of the analysis of variance procedure (ch. 10)?
- Mention one benefit of studying time series and
some of the techniques used (ch. 11).
- Mention some of the kinds of charts used in quality control (ch. 12) and
the relative benefits (or goals) of each (ch. 12).
Last updated: Dec 10, 2003, by Adrian German (for A113)