Please write your name or username here: ____________________
Your task for this problem is to calculate the chance of getting a
12 (twelve) when you throw the dice and sum up the values on their
- You are being given 4 (four) dice.
- Each die has six faces, numbered 2 (two), 3 (three),
5 (five), 6 (six), 8 (eight), and 9 (nine).
These are fair dice. They are not biased.
When you're finished please write the answer here: _____________________
Also answer the following questions:
Work carefully and do well!
- How many possible outcomes (total number of events)?
- How many times have you run your simulation?
- How many times have you noticed the desired event as occurring?
- How did you calculate the probability from your observations?
- What if the question asks for the chance of getting 12 or less?